Toyota Boshoku Europe's Environment and Health & Safety policies signed
Toyota Boshoku's commitment to protecting environment for future generations has been reflected in the Earth Charter, defining 4 priority areas for a sustainable future.
1. Contribute towards a prosperous 21st century society
2. Develop environmental technologies
3. Take action voluntarily
4. Work in cooperation with society
As the Regional Management & Collaboration Hub (RM&CH) of Toyota Boshoku in the Europe and Africa region, TBEU shall take the leadership to implement the TB-Environment Management System (EMS) to minimize the impact of our business activities on the environment.
To strengthen further our capability to preserve the natural resources, work in harmony with society and the planet whilst minimizing negative impacts of our business activities, we shall:
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which TBEU subscribes which relate to its environmental aspects.
- Prevent pollution, reduce waste and minimize the consumption of resources in our daily activities.
- Consider the life-cycle environmental impact of the production processes and products that we develop, purchase, manufacture and assemble.
- Encourage environmental protection among suppliers and subcontractors.
- Educate and motivate employees to carry out tasks in environmentally responsible manner.
We are committed to continuous improvement of our environmental performance, and to achieve this, we share our commitments and actions openly and transparently with all employees, contractors, suppliers and the public.
Safety and Health Policy
Toyota Boshoku's commitment to establishing and maintaining a work environment where all our stakeholders can conduct their business activities free from harm to their physical and mental integrity has been reflected in our Safety & Health Philosophy as well as our Basic Policy.
As Toyota Boshoku Europe, recognizing the changing trends in employment and the necessity to consider not only physical, but also the mental wellbeing of each individual, we shall:
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements to which T BEU subscribes which relate to employee protection aspects.
- Thoroughly analyze and understand potential risks and put all suitable measures in place to prevent physical damage from occurring to our employees, contractors and visitors while on the premises of Toyota Boshoku Europe.
- Educate and motivate employees to carry out their daily activities in accordance to prescribed procedures, and to raise immediately to management any unsafe situation or deviations or shortcomings in our preventive efforts.
- Establish the suitable mechanisms and procedures to respond timely and efficiently to any situation, which has caused or could cause a negative impact on the physical or mental integrity of any person present in our facilities.
- Encourage our employees to maintain a vigilant attitude towards their own safety and that of others even when not performing their duties in our facilities.
We are committed to continuous improvement of our procedures and systems to guarantee the safety of our stakeholders and ensure a healthy work environment for everyone who contributes to the business activities of Toyota Boshoku Europe. To achieve this, we share our commitments and actions openly and transparently with all employees, contractors, suppliers and the public.