Our Commitment to Privacy
Our products are manufactured “with thoughtful mind for the world and people”. We at Toyota Boshoku Europe uphold this core principle throughout all our activities so to build and maintain a good relationship of trust with everyone we come into contact with, including that we treat your personal information with respect.
TBEU comprises Toyota Boshoku Europe N.V (with registered offices in Belgium, Ikaroslaan 20, 1930 Zaventem, registered at the CBE with number 0874.788.956) and its affiliates or subsidiary undertakings (referred to collectively as "TBEU").
Information of all of our affiliates or subsidiaries can be found here.
i. our websites and their subdomains (referred to collectively as the "Website");
ii. visiting the TBEU premises or your presence at a TBEU-organized event or activity;
iii. our recruitment procedure for positions at TBEU (irrespective of their nature, e.g. an internship, traineeship, fixed contract, …), whether or not via our online module; or
iv. all other activity from TBEU, aimed at maintaining or establishing a professional relationship.
TBEU may review and revise this Policy as deemed appropriate. Notification of all such revisions will be given on this Website.
Article 1 – General Terms
1.1. TBEU pursues to act in accordance with applicable data protection law - in particular:
- the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the "GDPR");
- EU member state laws regarding the implementation of this Regulation; and
- other applicable laws of any other country on the privacy and protection of personal information as may be applicable.
1.2. For the purposes of the GDPR, your data will be controlled by the TBEU legal entity or entities with whom you, or your organization maintain in any way a relationship with in the context of activities that are part of TBEU’s business.
1.3. The personal information collected by TBEU was expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
In some exceptional cases we may receive your information from other sources (e.g. from your educational institution or from partners who assist us in conducting our business). We will only process such information after providing you with an opportunity to verify the information and if the third-party source had the authority to share your information with us.
1.4. TBEU will process your personal information:
After we obtained your approval of this Policy, which may be by your explicit consent ,implied via opt-in or disclosure of your personal information, by, for example:
- visiting or attending TBEU premises or any other TBEU-controlled infrastructure or activity, e.g. the Website, our offices, an event (regardless of its nature);
- requesting or using of any of TBEU’s services, whether or not via the Website; such as:
- Initiating and/or maintaining contact with us, whether by phone, email or other means, (e.g. when you contact customer support, or for the purposes of a collaboration with TBEU R&D, the exchange of business cards, etc.)
- Creating an account in our online recruiting module;
- subscribing for a newsletter, or any other informative and/or promotional material from TBEU
Article 2 – information collected and used by TBEU
Your data is primarily processed within TBEU in order to duly and correctly administer and manage any requests or communications you made towards us, as well as for us to properly conduct our business operations; or for purposes required by law – including enforcing our terms and policies.
Information collected includes:
- Identity and Contact Details such as name and surname, residence address e-mail address, telephone number.
- Recruitment Information such as date of birth, nationality, education and employment history, socio-demographic data, work or travel restrictions, medical conditions.
- Technical Data such as passwords to TBEU protected platforms or services, IP address, browser type, webpages visited when using our Wi-Fi system, security camera footage, data generated thought participation in or registration for events organized by TBEU.
Article 3 – Data Retention
TBEU will store and process your personal for the period it is legally obliged to do so, or for as long as this is essential for the purposes of the processing, or the contractual relationship between you and TBEU.
Additionally, in certain circumstances we might retain a limited amount of information for the period it would be of importance to maintain the security of TBEU’s systems or infrastructure, or in order to assert or defend against legal claims.
If you want to learn more about our specific retention periods for your personal data, you may contact us via sending an email to tbeu.PO@toyota-boshoku.com .
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period, TBEU will erase your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Article 4 – Transfer of data
4.1. Transfer to third parties
Only if necessary to ensure the smooth provision of its services and/or the operation of its business activities, TBEU will share your personal data with certain service providers, subcontractors or as required by law. These third parties are required to only process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with TBEU’s instructions.
4.2. Third party external links
We may include links to third party websites, applications, or plug-ins. By clicking on those links you may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. This Policy does not cover the processing performed by these third party websites.
4.3. International transfers
Due to the global nature of our operations, we share your personal data within TBEU’s group of entities.
We only transfer personal information to entities in non EEA-countries when deemed necessary to provide services to you or to in any other way conduct our legitimate business activities.
TBEU ensures that in all its entities throughout the world a level of data protection at least as protective as that required in the European Economic Area is upheld, and that any transfer of data is subject to safeguards thereto, such as
- ‘adequacy decisions’ by the European Commission, therefore that data is transferred to a country that has officially been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data; and/or
- the ‘’standard contractual clauses’’, as referred to in the 'European Commission decision of 5 February 2010 (Decision 2010/87/EC)
- Binding Corporate Rules, defining the standards applicable to the transfer of personal data the throughout TBEU
- any other data transfer mechanism that complies with the requirements of the GDPR
For further information, including obtaining a copy of the documents used to protect your information, please contact us by sending an email to tbeu.PO@toyota-boshoku.com.
Article 5 – Security Measures
TBEU implements appropriate data management practices and data security measures to ensure that personal information is not lost, abused or altered, or subject to unauthorised access.
Examples of such technological and organizational precautions are:
- storing your information in an environment that can only be accessed by employees and contractors who have a business need;
- access, use and management of your information by employees, contractors and other parties is based on TBEU’s instructions and its own internal guidelines, subject to rigorous monitoring;
- TBEU uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer: an industry-standard security function that encrypts and transmits information online) to ensure that personal information sent via the Website is kept secure, whereas information sent and received is encrypted automatically.
- procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach have been put in place, and TBEU will notify you and any competent authority or regulator of a breach if legally required to do so.
Article 6 – Cookies
Functional cookies are necessary to enable basic functions such as page navigation and access to secure areas of the Website. Preferences cookies, remember your settings and preferences (e.g. your language or location). This improves your surfing experience by making the website easier and more personal.
Advertising cookies are used to save certain information, such as how you initially came to the Website. The aim is to display advertisements that are relevant and interesting for the individual visitor, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns.
Cookies help us to distinguish you from other users of our Website, protect, optimize and personalize your browsing experience and offer you more relevant services and offers.
Other technologies, including Web Beacons, your IP address and other identifiers associated with your device, may be used for similar purposes. TBEU will use the term “cookies” to discuss all of these technologies.
If you wish to use our Website, TBEU encourages you to enable cookies. You can do this through your browser settings or by continuing to browse the Website after seeing a "cookie warning" on our Website, or by explicitly accepting this ‘’cookie warning’’.
However, if you choose to not do this, you are always free to disable the cookies, yet this may prevent you from accessing or using (a part, or certain functionalities of) the Website. TBEU may support its communication by using certain online media, such as YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn. These channels may contain cookies that TBEU do not control.
6.2. Disabling cookies
There are a number of options available to avoid cookies from being stored. Please visit the websites of the different browsers to learn how to block the storage of cookies. It is worth remembering that if you decide to delete all your cookies, you will most likely have to re-enter all your usernames and passwords on all the websites you visited.
As already mentioned, cookies can be a real asset to your surfing experience on the web. If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit the website www.allaboutcookies.org. This website provides more information about cookies, including on how to delete them, or on how to only allow familiar websites to store cookies.
Article 7 - Your rights
Under European data protection legislation, you are entitled to the following rights
- Right of access – you have the right to be informed on how we use your personal data and to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you;
- Right of rectification – you have the right to update or correct inaccurate information that we may have about you. Please remember that TBEU will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete data that you provide to us.
- Right to erasure – otherwise known as the ‘right to be forgotten’, meaning that you have the right to request that TBEU deletes all personal data that it has on you;
- Right to withdraw consent – where the processing is based on consent, you have the right withdraw your consent. With regards to any promotional communications sent to you, please follow the opt-out links.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to TBEU’s processing of your personal data;
- Right to restrict processing – you have the right to request TBEU to suspend the processing of your data;
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data in an easily readable format.
Thank you for understanding that some of these rights are subject to certain preconditions.
For more information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation please contact us by sending an email to: tbeu.PO@toyota-boshoku.com
Please note that you will be requested to provide specific identification information in order to verify your identity before your request can be processed. This is a security measure that we have implemented to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to personal data by third parties.
We would like to inform you that upon registering in our online Recruitment Module, you may always correct, update, modify or verify your personal data via your personal account.
Right to make a complaint
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority, which is the Lead Supervisory Authority of TBEU: Data Protection Authority, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Telphone: +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail:email@example.com. (For easy access to the Data Protection Authority you can also use their contact form available on: www.dataprotectionauthority.be.
However, you are always free to contact your own European or EU-vested authorities. This does not affect a procedure before the court.
Article 8 - Contact Details
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to
TBEU EA Privacy Office
Or electronically to tbeu.PO@toyota-boshoku.com .
In Germany please send an email to our Data Protection Officer for Germany: firstname.lastname@example.org .
For all other enquiries please contact email@example.com
Effective: 25th May 2018.